Monday, September 3, 2012

Dear Pink Lady

This blog is for another blogger that is a dear friend of mine. She is a handful and believe me her thoughts are double that. But I still love her. 

Her life took an unexpected turn and for the moment its what is bothering her, she may say other wise but if she is blogging about it and telling me about it then it bothers her more than she will admit. Here is her story in summery from http://innerlooktothesmile.blogspot.com/2012/09/late-night-thoughts.html

"When I was a fish...I really liked talking to this friend even though this friend didn't, or maybe liked to avoid me...I started to share more personal info with this friend and we would talk about my teen problems because like I said, this friend was older and experienced. But then this friend would always tell me, "how come you only call me to talk about your problems or when you need advice or when you want help? how come you never call to say hi or to just chit chat?" 

 Well, it took five years for me to get it...

The roles have been switched. I am now my friend and I have another friend who is being me...  out of no where, the conversations got personal...  I'm not a life coach, I'm not a counselor, I'm not Dr. Phill or Maury. I'm not a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist. I'm an English major college student that reads a lot and likes to think...  To my friend being the douchebag now, (bc they are not talking anymore) I'm tired of texting you and you not caring to carry out a conversation... I've always been busy but never busy enough to say hi or solve one of your life tangles. You hurt my feelings"
 

When I read this I remembered the pathetic salad I was eating while I heard it first hand. I listened because I knew my friend needed someone there for her. At that moment a lot of things where going through my mind. I had many opinions, advice and comforting words but I couldn't seem to gather them in a way that I didn't have to say more than I needed to. I felt as if my thoughts where the horses and carriages of a marry go round and it was going 60 miles an hour. Round and round and I couldn't choose. (That tends to happen every second of my life..)  Well here is goes! 

Dear Pink Lady, 

      I understand you may be going through a ruff time with friendships. You may feel like some are fake, opportunists or in this case, take advantage of you. But if you think about your "wise friend" for a moment, you will notice how patient this person was. This person even opened their heart by asking why? And you ignored it, and not only once. It took you 5 years and a lost friend to realize what was going on. Even if you are 99.9% right all the time, it can take that 1% to be wrong and loose another friend. 

     Do not lose patients for those who reflect a personality like old pink lady. It is you who knows that personality the best, and you more than anyone will understand their way of thinking. Remember how nice it felt to have an older friend carrying for you and showing genuine interest in a, and I quote you, "naive. And immature. And childish. And bouncy. And stupid. And over-confident" HUMAN BEING. I understand this person your talking about is older than you, but that doesn't change the moral of the story. 

    I could say the same thing when my friends come to me for advice or just to vent. But I get happy when they do, because it shows me that they trust me enough, and they look for my words. But if someone felt that way towards me, I would feel really bad, because I would think that my friends would be there for me to confide in. If they weren't, then that would make me feel unsafe. And my feelings much more unsafe. Always remember, rejection is a horrible feeling. My friend told me once, "Abby, you don't need someone that doesn't love you" I would hate to make others feel like I am that someone that they do not need. 

    Do not confuse Love with Perfection. It is love that allows us to surpass the imperfection of others and understand situations. 
    1. Perfection
    2. Love 
    3. Faith 
    4. Hope

    Right now we need faith and hope, but once Jehovah's promises are fulfilled, all that's left and all that's needed is Love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 - "Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.' 

   I love you lots! And you know that!! <3 


                                                                                         Sincerely, Me  

Ps: I may be 99.9% wrong most of the time. But in this case I know that I fall in that last percentage. ;)  



1 comment: